Maunders – Fishmonger



Maunders - Fishmonger

Please email to check for availability before ordering. info@hazle.com

£85.00


A 1600’s building situated on Lombard Street, which became part of Cheyne Walk. Situated near to the Fiver Thames wher e the fishing boats would moor & deliver fresh fish to the Fishmonger. In 1874 the embankment was enlarged to speed up the flow of the river, in an effort to get rid of the stinking effluent that blighted the river. All the building opposite Maunders disappeared & opened up the shop to the wider embankment, making it a popular subject for many painters, including J.W. Turner.

The building no longer exists.

Created as part of a Hazle @ 50 range, just 50 were created, with the windows all hand-painted by Hazle. We have just a couple available.



Detail Name 1: