Join our Newletter Group

News, previews and offers exclusive to our News Group members

Visit Hazle’s Pottery Barn

Shopping Cart

Your cart is empty.

Heritage Collection

The British Heritage Collection, Hand painted freestanding collectable buildings.  Height range 4 to 6″.

 

When you have made your selection visit our online shop to place your order

Please note: if you are ordering from outside the UK, we have a minimum order value of £45 for our ceramics.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Charles Dickens Birthplace

Launched on 7th February 2012

Charles Dickens was born at 1 Mile End Terrace, dickens-back-for-webPortsmouth on 7th February 1812 – the first married home of his parents, John and Elizabeth Dickens.   Although his family moved to London when Charles was three, the author retained a lifelong bond with the city and Dickens’ father managed the Royal Navy pay office in the city between 1807 and 1815.

The Charles Dickens Birthplace measures 13cm (5”) tall and 6cm (2.25”) wide, and features a blue plaque at the front showing the year of his birth, and to the rear, a silhouette of Oliver Twist, holding out his bowl for more.  This is the very first ceramic we have produced that shows basement windows!

To order, please click here

________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Charles Dickens Museum, London.

Charles Dickens and family lived here at 48 Doughty St. WC1  from 1837 – 1839 and is the only surviving Dickens home. It was a gated and liveried street at the time, and could be afforded by the family due to the popularity of The Pickwick Papers at the time.  It is now open to the public and houses a  large collection of material relating to the great Victorian novelist and social commentator.  We also produce a Nation of Shopkeepers’ version of this building which we launched in  2000 at the Museum with the Collectors’ Club, in the company of Cedric Charles Dickens.

The Heritage Dickens House stands 13.4cm (Just over 5?) tall, and features a lamp-post on each side with the silhouette of Mr. Pickwick to the reverse.

To order, please click here

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Dickens’ Old Curiosity Shop, London.

At 13 -14 Portsmouth St.  WC2, this shop is taken, incorrectly, to be the inspiration behind the Charles Dickens’ novel of the same name.The Old Curiosity Shop is the inspiration behind the Charles Dickens’ novel of the same name.

Built in 1567 it is considered to be the oldest shop in central London and one of the few central London buildings to survive the Great Fire in 1666 – surviving despite the fact it was made from wood ‘recycled’ from ships! Dickens novel  was first serialised  weekly and in 1841 there was a public candle lit vigil held outside this building for the life of little Nell in the story who was on her death bed.

Our version measures 11cm (4 & 3/8″)wide x 10cm (4″) tall.

To order please click here

_______________________________________________________________________________

The Dutch Cottage Museum

A  New addition to the collection, launched in June 2010, as a part of our 20th Anniversary celebrations.  This cottage is located on Canvey Island, quite close to our Essex workshop. During the 18th century, many Dutch workers were employed in draining and embanking the low lying land in this area, and built  these octagonal homes for themselves.  Today only four survive on the island, this one built in 1618, is the best known and opens during the summer months as a museum.

The Dutch Cottage measures 11.5cm (4 & 1/2″) tall to the top of the chimney x 7.5cm  (2 & 7/8″) wide. To Order, Please click here

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

The Underground Station, Aldwych, London.

This little underground is based on Aldwych Station, which first opened in 1907 as Strand Station, originally as  part of the Piccadilly line.  Being so close to many West End theatres, it gained the unofficial title of the Theatre Line.

During the Second World War the line was closed and the tunnels used as an air raid shelter and to store various national treasures from the British Museum, including the Elgin Marbles. This station was closed in 1994 due to falling passenger numbers.

Lots of people have claimed to have seen the ghost who haunts Aldwych station on the tracks at night, mainly by staff who clean the tunnels and stations. The ghost is believed to be an actress. Aldwych used to be on the site of the old Royal Strand Theatre.

Since 1994, the station has been used as a film set, as has featured in several feature films as well as British TV programmes.

This is the latest addition to our Heritage collection, lauched in 2010 as part of our 20th Anniversary celebrations.

It measures 12.7cm (5″) tall.

To order please click here

_______________________________________________________________________________

The Sherlock Holmes House, London.

Located at 221b Baker Street.  According to the stories written by Sir Arther Conan Doyle, this was where Sherlock Holmes lived between 1881 to 1904.  Today the building houses The Sherlock Holmes Museum.

The Building itself is a  Georgian town house and was used as a boarding house from 1860 to 1936.

Our Heritage version, features a Police Constable standing guard outside the front door, the ‘ Baker Street ‘ sign to the left side, a hansom cab to the right, and a profile of the great detective himself to the rear, wearing his famous dearstalker hat and smoking his pipe.

The Sherlock Holmes House measures 13.4cm tall (5 & 1/4″) x 4.8cm wide.

To order please click here

_______________________________________________________________________________

Temple Gate, Prince Henry’s Room, London.

Prince Henry’s Room is located at  17 Fleet Street, London. The house is one of the few buildings  which survived the Great Fire of London in 1666.

The site was once owned by the Templars, later the building was rebuilt and became a tavern called Prince’s Arms. This coincided with the investure of Prince Henry, son of James I, as Prince of Wales. During the 17th century, the house was known as the Fountain, and is now Prince Henry’s Room.

Our Heritage version features the famous archway under the building leading to the Inner Temple.   To the rear, a Barrister’s wig & gown hang drying on a line stretched across the building with our little joke in 1970’s graffiti ‘Temple rools OK’. The Wig & Pen pub alludes to the area being known by newspaper journalists and barristers.

It stands 13cm tall, (just over 5″) x 7cm wide.  To order, please  click here

_______________________________________________________________________________

10 Downing Street

One of the most famous addresses in the world and the home of the British Prime Minister!

Number 10 was originally three houses. In 1732, King George II offered them to Sir Robert Walpole who accepted on the condition that they be a gift to the office of First Lord of the Treasury rather than to him personally. The three then became two. It is the larger house that is known today as 10 Downing Street.

Our version has pure gold applied to the letter box, doorknob and of course the number “10”

To the reverse we show the british bobby who always stands guard outside standing beneath a street lamp.

10 Downing Street stands 13.3cm (5 & 1/4″) tall x 8.1 cm wide.

To order please click here

_______________________________________________________________________________

The Prospect Of Whitby

The Prospect of Whitby is a historic public house on the banks of the Thames at Wapping Wall. It claims to be the site of the oldest riverside tavern, dating from around 1520. It was formerly known as the Devil’s Tavern, because of its reputation – a meeting place for pirates, smugglers, cut-throats and footpads. Pepys visited, Charles Dickens mentions it in Our Mutual Friend, Princess Margaret had a favourite chair to view the Thames from in the 1960’s.

Our version stands 12.7 cm (almost 5?) tall x 7.5 cm wide (3?)  and shows the gallows  to the right as a reminder of  Judge Jeffries known as ‘the hanging Judge’ , a frequent diner,  and on the reverse a schooner called ‘The Prospect of Whitby’  which  anchored near by and from which the pub took it’s current name.

To order please click here

______________________________________________________________________________

Our Ceramics are individuals! hand made and hand painted with care, individual artisits work can vary, and a photo of one ceramic will not depict exactly every ceramic painted. They are hand made and individually finished. This means the measurements can very slightly from one to another, but only by a milimetre or two