Bakery & Tearooms. B123SL

£78.00

This building dates back to 1637 when originally it was a house occupied by George & Mary Wilson. It became a pack horse inn called The Wagon and Horses Inn around the 1670’s where patrons could rest whilst passing through the bustling market town of Kendal. Now a well-regarded purveyor of Teas & Coffees since 1819

SKU: B123SL Category:

Description

A delightful double-fronted building in Kendal in the Lakeland area of Cumbria.

The building dates back to 1637 when originally it was a house occupied by George & Mary Wilson. It became a pack horse inn called The Wagon and Horses Inn around the 1670’s where patrons could rest whilst passing through the bustling market town of Kendal.

In 1819 when Mr John Farrer purchased the business at 13 Stricklandgate dealing in tea, coffee, cocoa and refined sugar. It is believed he was placed in business by William Farrer, a relative from Liverpool who was a rich merchant and importer of tea and coffee. John & Ann Farrer from Grayrigg, married in 1809 and had two sons, one being John Farrer II in 1812.

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Bakery & Tearooms. B123SL”

Your email address will not be published.